Vejle Art Museum
Take a walk in the past
At the Vejle Museums - The Art Museum you can experience:
- Danish paintings and sculptures from classical pictorial art until today
- Golden Age Paintings and etchings
- One of the nation's finest collections of European graphic art - mainly prints
and drawings from the Netherlands of the 1600s, including 50 graphic
works by Rembrandt
- Exciting temporary exhibitions with loans from Danish and international
museums and collections
- E research library
- Museum shop
- Different events such as an art bar with music
- Guided tours by appointment
Children are also welcome at the museum. The 5-10 year-olds can take part in a fun picture play, where they head out on an art hunt and solve riddles. The museum reopened in April 2006 with an extension designed by Architect Kim Utzon. There is good access for wheelchair users.
The Vejle Art Museum is closed on Mondays, but open on Easter Monday and the second day of Pentecost.
The Vejle Art Museum is part of VejleMuseerne. A flyer is issued with information about the activities of the month. The flyer is available at the tourist office and at museums and exhibition centres. It can also be accessed at www.vejlemuseerne.dk.