Aller Mill pond

Take a walk in the past

Aller Mølle can be dated back to before the year 1500.

The mill was back then owned by the king.

In 1911 the mill burned down and was rebuilt.

From 1983-1988  a reestablishment of Taps Å by Aller Mill was carried out.

The aim of the project has been to restore the old mill pond, which had disappeared due to packing sanding up and overgrowing, and to create a fish passage at the 2 meter high blocks by the mill.
This allows, among other salmons to reach to large spawning ground areas in the upper parts of the stream.

Special brochure available by Visit Christiansfeld.

Opdateret af:
VisitKolding info@visitkolding.dk
VisitKolding

  • Aller Mill pond
  • Aller Mølledam
    6070 Christiansfeld