Take a walk in the past
Vigerslev church was built in the Middle Ages and is a beautiful church in the pretty little village. The church has been rebuilt several times and thus has a Romanesque nave from the 12th century, a Gothic choir and cross arms from the 15th century and a tower from 1550.
Worth a look:
- A pulpit with reliefs from 1606
- Altarpiece designed as a pillar building with painting from the 19th century
- Romanesque baptismal font
- Gothic crucifix by the German sculptor Claus Beck, who was brought to Funen in 1515 by Queen Christine, where he got a farm in Odense from her and performed many sculptural works for the Funen churches.
There is a tombstone with a portrait of Chancellor Anton Bryske to Langesø, died 1566.
The church was used by the owners on Langesø until 1870, when Langesø Chapel was built.
Guided tours by appointment.