Take a walk in the past
Viby Church is a "road church" and therefore open during the day.
The church is markedly situated on a hill and is conspicuously lacking a tower. Previously, the bells hung in a wooden pile in the cemetery.
The church is quite unusual due to its distinctive half-timbered tower from the 18th century. The extension with dome roof has since the 19th century been a burial chapel for the Juel family on the nearby Hverringe Estate.
Altar picture: The crucifixion.
On the altar: 2 beautiful candlesticks from 1736 and a large silver candlestick.
Romanesque granite foundation with baptismal font from 1575.
- Viby Church
- Viby Bygade 18