Tved kirke

Take a walk in the past

The original Roman part of the church is built of travertine and fieldstone, and the church must have been tiny. In late-Gothic times the church was extended with a nave chancel, transepts to the north and south and a tower to the west. By Royal Charter in 1554 the church was ordered to be demolished and the congregation was referred to Vor Frue Kirke in Svendborg. This obviously upset and angered the little flock and on their request the decision was amended so that Tved church became annexed to Skårup church.

Opdateret af:
VisitSvendborg morten.lund.jensen@svendborg.dk
VisitSvendborg