Town Gate in Nyborg
Take a walk in the past
Until 1869 it was the only public access to the town, and it was closed each evening until the next morning.
The Town Gate was protected by the cannons on the Crown Prince's bastion and by the rampart that lay before it. In 1764 the wooden bridge in Lindeallé (the approach road to the Gate) was replaced by an embankment.
The trees in this lane were planted in 1806.
VisitNyborg / Nyborg Turistbureau firstname.lastname@example.org