"Karlsladen" Visitor Center - Nationalpark Mols Bjerge
Take a walk in the past
History told in a 300 years old barn
The barn was designed with gates on either side so that carriages could be driven into barn to unload and then out again on the other side. Oak wood structures have been preserved in the original three storeys as they were built in 1727.
Farm building of Kalø Castle
The manor was established as farm buildings for Kalø Castle. Kalø was transferred to the King’s bastard son, Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve, in 1661. It was during Gyldenløve’s possession that the run-down castle fell to ruin.
The most renowned period in the history of the manor came after 1825, when the manor came in the possession of the Holstein von Jenisch family. After the German occupation of Denmark in 1945, the manor was confiscated by the Danish State because of the family’s affiliation with Germany.
Karlsladen Visitors Centre is open daily from 9:00 am - 9:00 pm.
VisitAarhus, Djursland email@example.com
- "Karlsladen" Visitor Center - Nationalpark Mols Bjerge
- Grenaavej 14
- Phone. (+45) +45 72 17 07 14