Canute the Holy
Take a walk in the past
After his death he was sanctified and was given the name King Canute the Holy. His earthly remains are kept in the crypt below the cathedral which was given his name - Sct. Canute Church.
The bronze statue is placed at the location of the old Sct. Albani Church.
The statue was donated by Fyens Disconto Kasse (bank) on the bank's 100th anniversary in 1946.