Ulfkær Church

Take a walk in the past

Ulfkær Church is a simple and plain church from 1900. The builders were bold enough to turn the church the other way around, even though it is customary with the choir facing west, so they could use the stepple, which is facing east as porch with entrance close to the street.

The style is a compound of: Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance and a few Romanesque elements.

The church has a carillon with 36 bells, which plays every second hour from 8.00 to 22.00. Divided between the ten biggest bells there are inscriptions of the ten commandments. The bells measure from 17 cm to 90 cm.

The organ was constructed in the year 1982 by Bruno Christensen (10 stops).

Opdateret af:
VisitNordvestkysten, Holstebro info@visitnordvestkysten.dk
VisitNordvestkysten, Holstebro