Thurø Church

Take a walk in the past

The church on Thurø bears the name ”Trinity Church” and is built at the behest of the noblewoman Ellen Marsvin 1639-40. The church wall is built of ashlars up to 2 metres; the rest up to the roof height is medieval brick. Up over the western end is a ridge turret where the church bell has been attached. In 1992 a stained glass window was inserted northwest with a Whitesuntide motif, the artist is Sven Havsteen – Mikkelsen. In the cemetery the writers Tom Kristensen, Karin Micaelis and Valdemar Rørdam and the painter Niels Hansen lie buried.

Opdateret af:
VisitSvendborg morten.lund.jensen@svendborg.dk
VisitSvendborg