Take a walk in the past
The granite stone with the inscription '1241 Jydske Lov' (jutlandic law) was placed by Danmarks Jurister (jurists) in 1941 as a memory of Jydske Lovs (jutlandic law) founding in 1241.
At the city anniversary in 1950 was there a private fundraising and they gave the city a gift - a sculpture called 'Retfærdighedens gudinde' (righteousness goddess.) made by Anker Hoffmann.
With a slate pencil in one hand and parchment scroll in the other is Retfærdighedens Gudind a symbol of Viborg's old thingstead.
The sculpture is made in red granite from Bornholm and was revealed 22th june 1954.
VisitAarhus, Viborg email@example.com