Outrup Church

Take a walk in the past

Outrup Church: Consecrarted to St. Bartholomew ca 1350. Romanesque chancel and nave. The Aspe and tower were added in late medieval times. The porch is from 1870. In the chancel is a granite front with a baptismal bowl from ca 1550. The altarpiece and the pulpit´s large sounding board and back shield are in high Renaissance style from 1600-20. The paintings in the altarpiece are from 1734. An altarpiece from 1898 is hanging to the left of the exit door and depicts Christ in Emmaus. In the porch are two menorial tablets, one for Carl Nielsen and the other for Børge Frello.

The church are situated 6 km from Nørre Nebel, Varde.

Opdateret af:
Destination Vesterhavet, VisitWestDenmark turist@visitvesterhavet.dk
Destination Vesterhavet, VisitWestDenmark