Køge Church - Tower Sct. Nicolai
Take a walk in the past
See Køge from above. Visit the tower of St. Nicolai Church in the summertime
The tower is the oldest preserved part of the church and was raised as a 4-storey building c. 1324. The present bell chamber was added in the 15th century as the fifth storey.
The east side of the tower’s top storey has a brick bay, a lighthouse lamp from c. 1400. In the tower’s bell chamber hang five bells from the 15th and 16th centuries.
The length of the church, including tower, is 57.5 metres, width 22.75 metres.The tower is 43 metres high.
The church was completed around 1450.
Look at our homepage for opening hours.