Take a walk in the past
Originally there were six windows like the one that is still preserved in the choir´s north side. Above this choir window is an ornamental lintel. The design is two branching crosses and a horse. Late in the 1400s, the church was exended in the west by ´10 alen´(20 feet). The builders used the end wall´s stone until it ran out and then completed the structure with brick. In 1703, a burial chapel was added for Ejler Elerson Holm from Høgholt who was the owner of the church at that time.The altarpiece is the original altar painting from 1591 of Christ on the cross painted on wood.
VisitNordvestkysten, Hjørring email@example.com
- Hørmested Church
- Hørmestedvej 290
- Phone. (+45) 98934225