Grurup Church in Sydthy
Take a walk in the past
Grurup Village Church is situated on a hill in the small parish south of Bedsted, on the road to Hurup.
It is a coal church with Romanesque choir and nave of granite. The church used to have a tower, that was removed in 1696. Now the church has a belfry of brick along with the choir east gable.
The porch is from 1936. The altar has in front a semicircular granite. The altarpiece is a so-called Lutheran winged altar from 1600. There have been new pictures in 2007 painted by Mogens Hoff - the subject is the resurrection of Christ with women out of the grave. The old altarpiece of the crucifixion scene was painted by Thøger Trane in 1711, and now hangs on the south wall.
VisitNordvestkysten, Thy email@example.com