Superrate at Hotel Rode-Kro

4.565217372138 of 5 Stars

  • Danish inns
  • Super rate

Includes per person per night:

  • Overnight accommodation
  • Buffet breakfast

More about Hotel Rode-Kro

Hotel Røde-Kro is a family driven business, which is placed centrally near Aabenraa. There is a high focus on creating a good atmosphere, as well the coziness feeling with a strong professional approach. The location opens the opportunities to ramble. There's among other the path Gendarmstien along the coast, and more.

Vestergade 2, 6230 Rødekro
Show map

Hotel facilities

  • Free wifi
  • Charging station
  • Free parking
  • Airport: 50 km
  • Train: 350 meter
  • Busstop: 350 meter
  • Beach: 8,8 km
  • Fishing: 2,7 km
  • Golf: 12,9 km
  • 29 Rooms

Other stays atHotel Rode-Kro

Attractions nearby of Superrate

  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Rise Kirke

    1.43 km

    Rise Church is a parish church located in the northeastern end of the village of Rise near Rødekro.

    The church consists of a Romanesque choir and nave, both made of granite. In the choir, three of the original four windows still remain. Until the major fire in 1893, the original priest's door was also present. The three additions to the church were all built in the late Middle Ages, also using granite and monk stones. To the south, there is the church's chapel, covered by a vaulted ceiling.

    The original spire of the church burnt down, leading to the decision to replace the vault of the tower with a flat wooden ceiling. The tower was subsequently rebuilt using recycled materials from another burnt-down church.

    The interior walls of the church are whitewashed, and the ceilings are painted in gray boards. There are no frescoes. The church's furnishings are heavily influenced by the devastating fire of 1893, where the altarpiece, baptismal font, and pulpit survived. A crucifix and a canopy over the baptismal font also survived but were destroyed in a fire at the rectory in 1898. The oldest piece of furniture is the ancient baptismal font from the Romanesque period, adorned with carved leaves, among other things.

    The altar table and altarpiece were carved by a carpenter from Flensburg in 1894. The altarpiece features paintings depicting scenes from the Old Testament. The pulpit and its canopy, also from 1894, are carved from pine.

    There are gravestones dating back to 1831 and a stone from 1848 commemorating a hussar who fell in the First Schleswig War (1848-1851).

    There is also a monument to the fallen of the parish in World War I (1914-1918).

    The church's organ was built in 1894 by Marcussen & Søn in Aabenraa. It was expanded to a total of 22 stops from the original 12.

    Read more : Rise Kirke
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Kunst Museum Panbo

    2.29 km

    We think it is Denmark's, Europe's, maybe even the World's First Sustainable Museum.
     
    Christian Panbo opened the Art Museum on Friday 30.03.2018 at Egelund 5, 6200 Aabenraa. It is on the same address where the company Christian Panbo A / S is located.
     
    The museum is externally build in the same sustainable wood plank / kernel tree from northern Sweden, from which all other wooden houses from the company are produced.
     
    The many exciting Eckersberg paintings, Skagen paintings and some other prominent painted works can now be seen by everyone.
     
    The works have so far hung on the walls of the company Christian Panbo A / S to the great pleasure of the employees, but now Christian Panbo has built his own Art Museum and hereby made it possible for everyone to access the beautiful paintings.
     
    Christian Panbo will most often be ar the museum himself and combines it with an additional desk and meeting table, so that he can still perform daily duties from the museum.
     
    There is a Cafe in connection with the Museum, where you can buy coffee and cake.
    Sandwiches can be ordered in advance, at least a few days before.
     
    You can pay with cash + mobilepay.

    Please check the Museums website for opening hours, just in case.

    Read more : Kunst Museum Panbo
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Sikringsstilling Nord - Andholm Battery

    3.12 km

    The Andholm battery is part of the former fortification Sikringsstilling Nord which stretched from east to west with a total of approx. 800 bunkers. Andholm is one of the few batteries that was not blown to pieces. The post was on private land and the owner wanted to preserve a memory of the time. Today you can therefore see the three bunkers almost intact.

    In addition to the three bunkers, one can also see the hole where a railway brisk cannon should have been erected.

    From the car park opposite Ribevej 25, there is a couple of hundred meters walk to the three bunkers.

    Read more : Sikringsstilling Nord - Andholm Battery
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Hjulgraven

    4.81 km

    The wheel pit in Hjordkær 

    In connection with a division into industrial plots, Haderslev Museum investigated the area here in 1980, because there were several plowed burial mounds. The largest mound was found to have been built in 4 stages, and had been used as a burial ground from the end of the Stone Age until well into the Bronze Age, with a different appearance for each burial. 

    The ancient burial site dates from the Bronze Age, where the oldest structure consists of a so-called Wheel Grave. It consists of a stone wreath with a diameter of approx. 10 m, from which 5 rows of stones are brought into the burial chamber in the middle. The wheel grave is the only known one of its kind in Denmark, and was moved 300 m south to its current location in a collaboration between Museum Sønderjylland and Aabenraa Municipality. This was done to make room for an industrial company. 

    When you cycle or walk on Hærvejen today, it is natural to take a break and visit the Hjulgraven in Hjordkær. It is very close to the route and is definitely worth a visit. 

    What is a burial mound? 

    A burial mound is a burial ground built over a burial site of earth, peat and stone. It can contain several graves. Most commonly, there is a primary grave in the center of the mound, but there can also be several secondary graves further up the mound. How the burial mound looks in terms of size and design is often linked to the status of the deceased.

    Read more : Hjulgraven
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Kongens Forhøjning

    4.95 km

    In Hjelm Forest, there is a small elevation by Hessel Stream known as the " Kings Rise".

    It said that King Valdemar Sejr sailed to this place after his crusade in Estonia in 1219, on his way to Urnehoved Moot, where the assembled population saw the flag Dannebrog for the first time.
    Read more : Kongens Forhøjning
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Øster Logum Church

    5.15 km

    Romanesque chancel and nave. Brick altar table with excellent Late Gothic cabinet, altarpiece from early 1500's.
    Beautiful Renaissance pulpit from 1562.
    Organ built 1980 by Bruhn and Son, Aarslev, Roedekro.

    Read more : Øster Logum Church
  • Photo: Camilla

    Nørreskov Dog forest

    5.2 km

    From the parking lot on Camma Larsen-Ledets Vej, or from Høje Kolstrup School, there is access to the forest. In the forest there are various loops you can walk, both major gravel roads and small nature trails.

    Read more : Nørreskov Dog forest
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Jacob Michelsen's House

    5.39 km

    The history of Jacob Michelsens House dates back to the early 16th century. In 1847 the Michelsen family took ownership of the small holding and made it into a vibrant small local museum showing kitchen supplies and old working equipment for stable, field and woodland.

    The museum Jacob Michelsens House is now a place where guests are able to see how baking used to be done and various other handicrafts.

     

    Read more : Jacob Michelsen's House
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    H.P. Hanssens house

    5.83 km

    H.P. Hanssen is known for raising the issue of Nordschleswigs embedding into Denmark in the German Reichstag in October 1918. Furthermore, he became the chief architect of the Reunification in 1920.

    Read more : H.P. Hanssens house
  • Photo: Aabenraa Tourist

    Sct. Jørgens Church

    5.93 km

    Built as an independent church in 1903-04 by architect N. Jacobsen and used, since 1923, as an auxiliary parish church under the Danish state.

    A gilded wooden cross adorns the altar.
    The extension was built in 1988 by architect E. Lehn Petersen.
    Relief by Nikolaus Wehding representing a sacrificial scene from The Old Testament.
    Crucifix by Niels Helledie in the glass passage connecting the church and extension.
    In the Havsteen Room is a 6-sided oil painting by Svend Havsteen-Mikkelsen depicting Christ's Passion.
    In the grounds behind the extension is a sculpture by Nikolaus Wehding.
    In 1992, 3 glass mosaic panels by Svend Havsteen-Mikkelsen were installed in the choir of the church.
    All the church's works of art were purchased by special funds and collections.
    Read more : Sct. Jørgens Church
  • Photo: Museum Sønderjylland

    Museum Sønderjylland - Cultural History Aabenraa

    6.28 km

    Set sail at Cultural History Aabenraa. The museum reflects the proud maritime tradition that characterized Aabenraa in the age of sail, which later became an important element of the city's identity. Here you can experience one of the largest Danish collections of ship portraits, which used to hang in captains' homes.

    Opening hours:

    22nd of March until October 31st.

    Only from Thursday until Sunday. 

    Read more : Museum Sønderjylland - Cultural History Aabenraa
  • Photo: James Cripps

    Graasten Palace

    23.21 km

    The very first palace in Graasten was a hunting and leisure palace built in the midst of the 16th century. After it burned down in 1603, a new palace was built, probably where the current palace´s south wing is now.

    Shortly before 1700 the Chancellor Frederik Ahlefeldt built an impressive Baroque palace, which itself unfortunately burned down in 1757, only leaving the palace church. The current Graasten Palace, or rather the south wing, thus originates from 1759. In 1842 the main building was added.

    In 1935 the right of use of the palace was given to the late King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid. Queen Ingrid was very interested in flowers and stood for the planning of the garden at Graasten Palace until her death in 2000. The interest in flowers and the garden was continued by her daughter H.R.H. Queen Margrethe II.

    There is no public access to the buildings and rooms of the palace, except from the palace church, who has special opening hours.

    Summer residence
    When the royal family is in residence at Graasten Palace, the area is closed to the public and there is no access to Graasten Palace Gardens and Church; However, the Palace Church is still open in connection with the summer evening song etc.

    Guard replacement
    Once the palace is inhabited, a royal split flag goes to the top of the pole on the palace's bell tower and the Royal Life Guard sets up to guard. Every day there is a shift change of the Royal Life Guard. The guard starts from Det Gule Palæ, Ahlefeldtvej 5, where the new guard’s line up approx. at 11.30 pm. From here, they march through Gråsten via Borggade, Torvet and Slotsgade to the palace, where the shift will take place at 12.00. 

    Fridays concerts
    When HRH Queen Margrethe II is in residence at the palace, the Royal Life Guards Music corps participates in the change of guard on Fridays, after which a small concert is given in the palace courtyard.

    The abdication in 2024

    During the New Year's speech in 2023, HM Queen Margrethe II announced her abdication and on 14 January 2024, Denmark got a new king and queen in the form of King Frederik X and Queen Mary. The specific plans for summer stays at Graasten Palace have not been announced at this time. As for Queen Margrethe II's plans for the summer holidays, we await the official announcement.

    Read more : Graasten Palace