West Jutland´s capital
Take a walk in the past
Ringkøbing has since the 15th century been a centre of administration. The district revenue officer collected royal taxes and dues, which till about 1800 often was paid with corn, so he had to have big storages. " The Royal Majesty´s Tax corn " was normally shipped to the Danish garrisions in Schleswig-Holstein and Norway. In 1794 Ringkjøbing County was established, and the prefect moved to the town with domicile at Rindumgård since 1807. Ringkjøbing County´s buildungs between the centre of town and the railway station are still used for offical administration after the unicipal is joined with Holmsland, Skjern, Egvad and Videbæk municipals.