Løgumkloster Church and Monastery
Take a walk in the past
The monastery was founded in 1173 by Cistercian monks by Brede Å. During the Middle Ages, the town of Løgumkloster grew up under the shelter of the monastery and church. The monastery was closed in 1548.
Løgumkloster Church was built in the period 1225-1325. Of the monastery's original 4 wings, today only the east wing (Chapter Hall and Dormitorium) and the north wing (church) remain.
Løgumkloster Church is considered - together with Sorø Klosterkirke, to be among the most beautiful and significant church buildings from Denmark's Middle Ages.
Rømø-Tønder Turistbureau email@example.com