Gråsten Palace Church

Take a walk in the past

The palace church is the only building remaining from the original baroque palace after the 1757 fire. The church was built in 1699 and is built like the Jesuit Church in Antwerp.

In 2018 the antependium stitched in 1943 by Queen Ingrid was replaced with a new one. Queen Margrethe II has donated an impressive peace of handcraft to Gråsten Palace Church. The new antependium, a colourful masterpiece of more than 250 work hours, can be admired during the official opening hours of the palace church.

The palace church is open as follows:
We are awaiting the decision from the agency Slots- og Kulturstyrelsen, regarding opening hours in 2021

Dogs are not permitted in the church except from guide and service dogs.

Guided tours for groups through the garden and the in the church can be booked at Sønderborg Tourist Office. 

Opdateret af: