Skulpturparken Blokhus - Arts & Cultural Center With Sand Sculpture Festival
Take a walk in the past
Skulpturparken Blokhus is Denmark’s largest open-air art exhibition. The more than 20.000 m2 park contains some of the world’s finest sculptures made from materials such as sand, tree, iron, metal, stone, granite and bronze.
The beautiful landscaped sculpture park also contains a pleasant sensory garden and offers fun activities for adults and children alike. The next-door café at Kulturhuset offers a selection of delicious meals and snacks, including hot and cold beverage. Food and refreshments can be enjoyed in the Café or in the beautiful garden. If preferred you can bring your own picnic basket.
The themes 2022 of the Sculpture Festivals are ”From Ice Age to Present” – in which you can experience time periods such as the Ice Age and Viking period as well as Present.
In November and December, you can enjoy North Jutland‘s most magically decorated park with miles of Christmas lights and decorations etc. The Kulturhuset café and orangerie offers a wide selection of food and drink.
Outdoor park covering more than 20,000 m2. Buy a ticket in the welcome center at the Cultural Center.
- Probably the biggest sculpture exhibit in Denmark, featuring works in sand, timber, stone, granite, concrete, metal and bronze.
- Features sensory gardens, beautiful plants and an abundance of flowers - with cozy nooks and tables/benches.
- Divided into a sand sculpture site with stalls, a beach garden, a circle garden, a forest garden with a lake and an arcade.
- In the park visitors will find a modern barbecue pavilion, a forest pavilion, a pergola and display stalls.
- There are children’s play areas all over the park.
- There are events and activities throughout the year (though the park is closed January thru March).
VisitNordvestkysten, Jammerbugten firstname.lastname@example.org