Take a walk in the past
Ishøj Church is a typical village church, built c. 1100.
The pulpit, carved pews and the oldest bell date back from the Reformation period in 1620.
A very rare find was made in 1970 during restoration when a floor of glazed, delicately decorated medieval tiles were uncovered with substantial remains of an even older floor.
One of the floor patterns - lilies, hearts and a bird - is today used as logo for Ishøj Parish.
A replica of this tile has been built into the foundation stone for Vejleå church, providing
a link between the past and the present.
Wonderful Copenhagen email@example.com