Take a walk in the past
One of Jutlands best preserved rune stones can be seen in the rectory garden with the inscription. "Tolv set this stone over his brother Rade, who was a brave man". The other side of the stone shows a primitive ship.
The garden also contains a royal marker stone, raised by the priest Hans Bjerregaard, who was priest for 59 years! He was by all accounts a pragmatic man, who instructed Jutlandic farmers in farming methods and planting.
King Frederik VI visited the rectory in 1826 and appointed Bjerregaard to the position of church governor. Bjerregaards' portrait can be seen in the church chancel.
VisitAarhus, Viborg email@example.com
- Hjermind Church
- Kirkegyden 1